Senior Java Developer
Locations: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Minsk, Kharkov, Gomel, Kaluga, Obninsk, Ulyanovsk, Kazan or remotely
As a member of the development team you will;
- Independently put the company Agile software development process into practice as appropriate.
- Takes ownership of product subcomponents including functional specification, design & implementation
- Assist in the development of implementation schedules for owned sub components.
- Develop, maintain and extend assigned software modules within schedule constraints using the company accepted coding practices.
- Specify and perform unit testing of developed software modules
- Fix bugs in software modules as necessary.
- Assist publications department as required to document the product.
- Assist QA engineers as required to develop of test plans and isolate software faults.
- Lead a department code review.
- Work with other department software engineers to ensure successful development and delivery of product
- Report status in timely fashion as requested by Manager or project lead engineer
- Hands-on development skills in Advanced Java/J2EE, EMS, SNMP, troubleshooting and debugging on Linux / Unix platforms
- Experience in Scripting language – Shell, Python
- Excellent understanding of OS / networking concepts and OpenStack cloud infrastructure
- Design and development of complex enterprise software
- All-round view of software development lifecycle: requirements, architecture, design, unit test automation, source code control and release aspects, Agile processes, etc.
- Hands-on experience working with relational and / or NoSQL databases will be added advantage
- Good to have experience in JavaFX, JavaFX CSS Stylesheets
- JSON and YAML document encoding experience will be added advantage
- Ability to mentor and guide other team members to achieve common goals
- Customer-facing skills like solution architecture, software deployment and testing in customer lab / pre-production / production environments will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of English on intermediate/upper-intermediate level
- Work on an interesting IT project
- Comfortable office in the centre of the city or a remote job
- Official employment
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Partial compensation for English classes
- Corporate and teambuilding events
- Opportunity for professional growth and career development
- Pleasant atmosphere and a friendly team