Senior Full Stack Developer
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Full Stack Developer with an affinity for startup culture to work as part of a tight, fast moving web product team. This is green field work -- you’re not dealing with legacy. So no reverse-compatibility headaches -- you can design it right from the get-go.
What You'll Do:
- Own the technical design, implementation, testing, and technical documentation of several new products.
- Create robust and easy to maintain components and libraries as needed, and select plug-in technologies to help extend functionality. Optimize our web-first, responsive webapp development approach.
- Ensure code quality via solid PRs and building of automated tests using React Testing Library and Cypress.
- Work in a small, tight team of experienced web developers with many years of production experience in industries such as education and e-commerce. We have an aversion to tech debt, and we don’t pay lip service to the retrospective, but really try to improve our SDLC every sprint.
- Solid experience and desire to sling HTML, CSS, Tailwind, Yarn, etc.
- Modern JS skills with specific experience in React and Typescript
- Experience with ORMs and SQL esp. Postgres
- Experience working with APIs to ingest data and interfacing with vendors and partners
- Understanding of automated testing with React Testing Library and Cypress
- Knowledge of distributed version control systems (e.g. Git on Github)
- Strong knowledge of React ecosystem and opinions about what a good stack looks like
- Comfortable with sudden shifts in functionality as we respond rapidly to user feedback.
- You’re not afraid of on-call shifts and hot-fixes, if they have to happen. Of course, you know that solid testing minimizes the pain of on-call and hotfix!
Nice to have’s:
- Ability and willingness to document your code effectively in README’s, videos, etc.
- Experience in CD/CI/Cloud deployments such as AWS, GCP, terraform
- Experience in engineering for digitally native/software businesses & products
Interviewing for this role:
- You’ll meet 3 engineers on the team, and work side-by-side on a hands-on challenge with each of them (CoderPad).
- You’ll meet with your manager, our PMs, and our execs to learn about our culture and share your experience and interests
- A more junior candidate may work on a small take-home assignment to assess style and approach.
- Work on a complex and interesting IT project
- Comfortable office in the center of the city or a remote job
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- Flexible working hours
- Partial compensation for English classes
- Сorporate and teambuilding events
- Opportunity for professional growth and career development
- Pleasant atmosphere and a friendly team